I love Planters. Especially terracotta pots, the one with the earthy feel. While I was looking for pots to plant my mini succulents, I was confused if I should DIY a concrete planter or go with the mini terracotta pots. I ended up selecting the terracotta ones since they looked perfect size for my succulents. But I was not ready to use the pot as it is, so to add some handmade touch, I doodled the terracotta pot! Doodle terracotta pot before planting your plants and find out how fun it is!
This is one of the projects that made me feel stress relieved. The one where you don’t need your concentration and just draw whatever you feel like. And finally, there is your hand-drawn-no-concentration-design straight from your thoughtless thoughts.
How to Doodle Terracotta Pot
- Take the terracotta pot and spray paint them white. If you don’t want to use spray paint, then you can try using white acrylic paint. Both works well on the terracotta surface, though spray paint is much easier and not very time-consuming. If you choose acrylic paint, make sure you give at least two coatings for full coverage.
- Leave it to dry completely overnight. Make sure the paint is not sticky. If it is, it has to dry more.
- Take a sharpie marker and start doodling whatever design you like. It could be anything, so don’t worry if you are not able to come up with perfect curves.
- Let the sketching dry on one side before you start on the other side. If there are some spots mistakenly spread on the white space while doodling or you feel you drew it wrong, you can cover it with white paint and redraw.
- Avoid the temptation to touch it before the sketching completely dries (I did it all the time, lol!). It took 2 days for mine to dry. So, be patient.
- Once it dries, you can plant your succulent right away!
And that’s it!
You might like: How to Make Transparent Stickers
Doodle is so much fun on terracotta pots because it is a perfect craft to do when you’re preoccupied, either your mind is busy with thoughts or like in my case watching series.
As you can see, I doodled whatever that came to my mind, hearts, leaves, some zentangles, mandalas, etc. Get creative!
Here’s a close-up! I love how it turned out!!
You might like: Perfect Salt Dough Creations and Recipe
These are the designs on all sides of my lil pot… Yes, yes… There are smudges on few spots because I was careless to touch before drying. So, don’t repeat the same mistake that I did!
I think this doodle terracotta pot project is perfect for anyone who can multitask or someone who is bored. However, the final product is excellent to see. Add some doodle decor to your room and make it awesome!
You might like:
- How to Make Simple Fairy Garden With Your Kids
- How To Make Fairy Furniture Set
- DIY: Tinkerbell Fairy Jar Lantern
Pin Now, Read Later!
Jumped to the end? Do you need updates on Shine Crafts delivered right to your inbox?? Then Subscribe for our Craft Shine now!!